184€ / Year
Personal Legal Protection
The best option for protecting your rights and addressing any routine legal matters and questions which arise in relation to your stay and your interests in Spain.
Telephone legal advice from 09.00 to 18.00 from Monday to Friday on any legal matter related to your personal or family circumstances or your interests or properties in Spain.
This includes answering any legal enquiries by phone in relation to your personal and family life. We can provide legal advice in the following areas:
- Property Conveyancing
- Home & Property
- Landlord & Tenants
- Cars & Vehicles
- Pets & Animals
- Household Workers
- Retail & E-Commerce Consumers
- Banks & Lending Institutions
- Expats & Immigration Law
- Travelling & Tourism in Spain
- Marriage, Divorce & Civil Relationships
- Children & Family Law
- Other Family Law Legal Issues
- Social Security & Health
- Private Medical & Health
- Inheritance & Property Donation
- Income Tax & Wealth Ta
- Inheritance & Donation Tax
- Local & Regional Tax
- Vat & Other Taxes
- Tax Disputes & Tax Investigation
- Foreign Pensions
- All Insurance Related Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Personal Debt & Insolvency
- Administrative Law
24 hour advice for legal emergencies
This service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year, for help and telephone legal advice and assistance on urgent matters:
- Vehicle related matters: accidents, drink driving, municipal towing services, theft, etc.
- Home: emissions, noise and other disturbances caused by local businesses, neighbouring properties, workshops, discos, etc. Damage caused in the property such as leaking pipes, floods, theft.
- Urgent matters related to children: theft of mobile phones, fights, arrest, statements at police stations, etc.
- Situations where any family member is the victim of a crime: robbery or theft, injury, abuse.
- Consumer and user complaints: loss or theft of credit cards, blocking or non-return of credit cards at cash point machines, food poisoning, etc.
- Problems caused by pets, if claims are made against you as the owner of an animal, or if you file a complaint relating to any family member being bitten or injured.
Preparation and review of legal documents
- The Service includes the reviewing of documents and the drafting of solicitors’ letters and contracts related to the areas listed in the section on telephone legal advice from 9.00 to 18.00 hours, provided that the contract value does not exceed fifteen thousand Euros (€15,000) and the documents are drafted in Spanish or English language.
Negotiation with other parties on your behalf
- This will be carried out by our lawyers who are experts in each legal area, seeking to reach a satisfactory solution to your problem.
Assistance from our Network of Partner Law Firms
- Legal Lifeline offers its clients its Network of Partner Law Firms for those situations where attendance in person by a solicitor/lawyer is necessary.
We can also advise clients on other providers of services which are required: gestoría (private administrative office), experts, etc.
- The benefits of the access to our Network of Partner Law Firms are:
- Coverage throughout Spain, particularly in those areas of Spain with English-speaking residents.
- Full check and previous approval of the firms by Legal Lifeline to ensure the utmost professionalism.
- Monitoring of the whole process of the law firm assistance and specific quality control by Legal Lifeline.
- Check and control of budgets and fees charged to our clients.
- Free first consultation to one of our Partner Law Firms, and reduced prices for our clients.
I am resident in Spain, but I receive my pension from abroad.
Where should I pay my taxes?
I’m British and retired in Spain
Do I have the right to access Spanish Public National Health Service? What paperwork do I need?
I’m a British citizen living in Spain
What are the consequences of BREXIT for me?
I am Irish, but I live in Spain.
Where should I make my will so it is valid for my assets in Ireland?
I have received a claim in Spanish and I don’t understand it.
Could you translate it for me and explain its implications?
My son is being bullied by other children at school.
What can I do?
I bought an item of clothing in the sale and they tell me I cannot change it.
Can I make a complaint?
I’m going to buy a house in Alicante
What are the legal requirements and what will the taxes, expenses and fees be?
If I sell my house in Spain.
What taxes do I have to pay?
I have come to live in Spain and my car has a foreign number plate.
Do I have to change it for a Spanish number plate?
I am a foreigner and I am going to work for a Spanish company.
What regulation governs employment contracts in Spain?
My tenant is not paying the rent.
What can I do?
I tested positive for drink driving the other day and I might lose my driving licence.
What defence do I have?
I got married in the UK but I live in Spain and want to get divorced.
In which country do I file my divorce petition?
I had a robbery in my house, but the insurance company does not want to pay me for the damage.
How do I make a claim?
My home owners’ association has adopted an agreement that negatively affects me.
How do I object to it?
My flight was cancelled and I had to delay my trip to Spain.
How do I make a claim to the Airline?
I want to make my permanent residence in Spain.
What do I have to do?